Inspired by the rural and colonial era architecture of the South Natick Historic District and meeting with the approval of its commission and the town Planning Board, the design for the Children’s House creates a well-proportioned and inviting resolution of program and setting. The school includes 13,000 square feet of classroom, indoor play and administration facilities. Forming one side of a Quadrangle in the approved Master Plan, the design helps frame the Historic Peletiah Morse Tavern (1748) to be used in the future for administration. Skylights, teacher-controlled lighting system, radiant heated floors and a flat roof for hidden solar panels, provide a warm and environmentally responsive home for a Montessori-inspired education.
Company: Piatt Associates Architectes
Partner Firmt: Stegman + Associates Architectes PC
Client: The Riverbend School
Role: Design, Analysis & Drawings
Credits: Project Lead Jim Piatt
Drafting & Design
Design, Drafting, Architecture & Interiors